In 2017, Tahir Akhtar (alongside a group of brothers) got on his bike in East London and cycled it across countries all over the world to get to Hajj … in his 40’s! Oh, and he’s doing it again this year. In this episode Faisal is joined by Junaid, Safdar and Tahir of Tour de Hajj. They will be setting off next month to embark on a bike ride to once again go to Hajj. This episode is full of inspirational stories, you don’t want to miss it. You can support them as they do this bike ride to raise money for charity, by donating to their link at: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/tourdehajj?utm_term=6AvVZGNYp
For any more info or sponsorship of tour de Hajj email firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, as with every year, this Ramadan Freshly Grounded will be raising money for the SPOT Academy in The Gambia and we need your help!
The money raised will go towards:
- Completing the first and second floor for a primary school
- Finishing for the school e.g. windows, flooring, roofs etc.
- Completing the apartments for volunteers to stay in.
- Landscaping the building.
- Building a reception for the orphanage.
You can find out more and donate at https://freshlygrounded.com/spot